CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 6, 2008

Music project

My Genre is: Country western

The history of country western all started in the Southern United States and the Appalacian Mountains. Its roots stem from traditional Folk music, Celtic Music, blues, gospel music, hokum, and old - time music and evolved into more in thAnother type of stripped down and raw music with a variety of moods and a basic ensemble of guitar, bass, dobro or steel guitar and sometimes drums became popular, especially among poverty striken white southerners. It became known as Honky Tonk and had its roots in Texas. It would later be called "traditional" country. In this post WWII period "country" music was called "folk" in the trades, and "hillbilly" within the industry. e 1920s. There is all kinds of country music. Rocability, Country pop, hillbilly music, Honkytonk, Country Rock, etc.

I like Garth Brooks and Faith Hill so I might use them as muses, er inspiration for the type of country western song that I write, such as a slower country western song.


The history of country music, began in the early 1920s originating in folk music allegedly from the Appalachians in the first quarter of the twentieth century introducing a more sophisticated styling of the ‘hillbilly’ sound. Overall there are three types of country. Honky Tonk Sound, Western sound, and Rockability sound of country. HONKY TONK SOUND In the eighty plus years of country music history, its has gone through drastic changes. Honky Tonk was mainly defined by Guitars and drums. Al Dexter cut the first record with the actual words ‘honky-tonk' in 1936, ‘Your Cheatin’ Heart,’ cut by Hank Williams in 1953, is perhaps one of the best-known records of the honky-tonk era.
WESTERN SOUND OF COUNTRYCountry Western music is defined by a lonesome whistle from the flute or other mellow-sounding wind instrument. The lyrics centered around the pain and sorrow of life on the western frontier. Some examples include Gene Autry, Roy Rogers, and Dale Evans.
ROCKABILLY SOUND OF COUNTRYIn the early 1950’s, rockabilly emerged with a mix of southern hills music and the blues. Famous examples are the Everly Brothers, Jerry Lee Lewis and Elvis Presley.
Despite the fact that many of my peers are doing cover and original songs. I decided to be creative and merge the two. I am performing my version of Sunny Came Home by Shawn Colvin with original lyrics by me. I call this “My Cheesy Country Song.”


"My Cheesy Country Song"

I walked in a room, saw you standin there
Heart fell to the floor as you stared through my soul
If I'd only known then what I know now
I need to move on and get over you
I tried to forget that I ever... loved you
I guess it goes to show, I just never knew
I can't shove you away and (get) rid of you
Your too much a part of what I used to know

Instead I'm stuck in a blast from the past... when I saw you sittin there
I find myself in the darkest.... fog of mind...

I can't help but think back to that day in the car
When you picked me up for our first big date
I see us swimming together as you pull me near
I felt your whisper grazing my ear
Then I come back here and we're apart
No longer my friend and my ripped up heart.

Instead I'm stuck in a blast from the past, when I saw you sittin... there
I find myself in the darkest fog of mind

Glimmer in your eye..., the love there
It's all a facade, all a cheap lie
That (corner)... smile of yours brings me back
I felt your eyes starin... at me

Instead I'm stuck in a blast from the past when I saw you sittin.. there
I find myself in the darkest fog, A memory, trapped in the past...

Trapped in a memory, I can't seem to bury
My long lost friend, my love from the past
Remnants of love that used to be there, I struggle on and on

0 comments: