CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 17, 2008

VOCABULARY WEEK 13

revere -to show devoted deferential honor to : regard as worthy of great honor
Example: I revere the late great Walt Whitman because of his different style of writing.

vertigo -: a sensation of motion in which the individual or the individual's surroundings seem to whirl dizzily b: a dizzy confused state of mind
Example: karen had vertigo the other day when she was on the gondola, she just couldn't find her bearings.


punitive - : inflicting, involving, or aiming at punishment
The nuns resorted not to verbal threats, but intimidation and punative punishments in order to keep the Catholic school kids in line.

slander - to utter slander against
I slandered the name of a coworker at work and therefore was fired henceforth.

squander - to spend extravagantly or foolishly
My brother freaquently squanders his money away, almost as if he has a hole in his pocket.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Toner, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://toner-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.