CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 6, 2007

Trial Reflection

Pre - Trial Writing

I was very prepared for the the trial and was quite excited for my task as prosecuting lawyer. However, two days before the trial was to take place, I became extremely sick and was unable to put together a speech or game plan with my partner as I was unable to go to school, and had to be replaced. I really loved the entire thing, although I was only a juror after I managed to get there on the trial day, I had fun watching the trial unfold and feel that I could have come up with an incredible amount of "evidence" damning those that are accused. As I watched the trial happen I thought about how much I would have enjoyed asking questions, that I had prepared such as, "Why doth thou protest, if thou hath nothing to hide?" I learned that overall the laywers play a major mart in a case, so much that if they faulter in a step they have blood on their hands. next time I could do better by not getting sick, have my speech prepared early on, look upon it through judgmental eyes and make every move with a critical step. Regarding human nature, psychology played a major part ion the which trials as it was a monkey see, monkey do mass hysteria. If one person was afflicted, Salem was a small town that had nothing to and hard times, they lacked someone to blame foor poor timesw and rather then blaming God, their blame was transfered onto others and peers around them. What we learn from this trial is quick judgments are never good, mass hysteria is bad, blaming others is bad, and there needs to be more evidence then blame.
^
/
/
/
/
/

/2. Pre-trial writing – 2 essays reflecting on the trial
a. 1 – a brief summary reflecting on the following:
1. How prepared were you for your role in the mock trial?
2. What did you learn from the trial experience?
3. Who do you think did the best job in presenting their case, the defense or the prosecution, and why?
4. What could be done better the next time?
5. What can we learn from this case regarding human nature and freedom



Witch Trial essay

Yes, for the most part our Judical system gives a fair trial. However, the trial prosecuting Saddam Hussein was very unfair. He was unfairly tried, because he did not have a chace to defend himself as everyone judged him negativley to start with an no matter what he said, he seemed to be wrong. As well as every week his laywers
were killed, so he did not have anyone to defend himself.
Some parts of the trial are more important such as everytime a a laywer speaks, presentation of witnesses, or evidence. Given that my peers would judge my innocence, that may or may not go well, depending on what my standing was with the general populace before the trial, such as wheather I was popular with them or kept to myself. Overall, I thought that the trial went over well, i enjoyed being the lawyer, and then a juror, because as a juror you have to work together with other jurors to deliberate and make a final decision based upon what you have watched and a so called "story". So I enjoyed toing both, especially coming up with a conclusion as a juror. I believe that the witch trials could happen again today if given the chance and the right hated person. The general populace could easily be quick to judge and be very harsh and hateful extremely to someone on trial, just based upon what they heard through the grapevine or through propoganda. In another essay i noted about Saddam Hussein and how he was unfairl tried, but, I also have to say that after 9/11 any Muslim that people saw in America were automatically called a terrorist, that was a result of mass hysteria and blame. Exactly like the witch trials. It was as if it was some one pointing at a random person just like in the witch trials and exclaiming "She's a witch! She's a witch!" Except in modern day it was "He's a Terrorist! He's a terrorist! look, he's even got a beard!!"


^
/
/
/
/
/
b. 2 – 5 paragraph essay reflecting on the following:
1. Does our Judicial system assure a fair trial for the accused?
2. Are some parts of the trial more important than others?
3. Would you trust a jury of your peers to determine your guilt or innocence?
4. Explore your reactions to playing your role, as well as your reaction to the outcome of the mock trial
5. You have experienced how the religious, social and political atmosphere of 1692 led to the Salem Witch Trials. Do you think the Salem Witch Trials could happen today?

0 comments: